With the ever-growing trend of CBD, there are now wide range of products available on the market to get a dose of cannabidiol. CBD patches are one of the most innovative CBD delivery methods as they use transdermal absorption to allow cannabidiol to enter the bloodstream.
What Are CBD Patches?
As the name suggests, CBD transdermal patch is a medicated adhesive that is infused with CBD. These patches are designed to deliver specific CBD doses through transdermal absorption. Once the CBD permeates the skin barrier, it gets absorbed into the bloodstream via the blood vessels.
What Are CBD Patches Used for?
CBD patches are generally used to achieve the analgesic or anti-inflammatory effects. These are the same therapeutic benefits that other CBD oil products are used for. However, the key difference between the patches and other CBD products is that they are specifically designed to alleviate pain in localized areas. They are popular among athletes and people with an active lifestyle.
How They Work
Every CBD transdermal patch has additives known as permeation enhancers. Permeation enhancers help with the medication delivery by making the interior of the patch in a way that forces the CBD molecules to disperse into a more favorable area i.e. the skin. These additives help bypass the skin’s protective layer and hence boost the absorption rate of CBD.
The Benefits of CBD Patches
Many researches have been performed to discover CBD benefits when cannabinoids are delivered via transdermal absorption. Following are the key benefits of CBD patches:
• Target Pain Locally: You can use CBD patches to direct the adhesive to specific areas of your body for quick pain relief.
• No Psychoactive Effects: CBD patches are designed to maximize CBD and lessen THC. Because of this, these transdermal patches do not induce psychoactive effects.
• Easy Dosage Control: These adhesives are already packed with accurate doses and they use CBD isolates. Furthermore, they have a mechanism that controls how much of the drug gets released, hence allowing you to easily control the dosage.
• Safe Way of Consumption: If you do your research, you will discover CBD products to be invasive delivery methods of CBD. However, this is not the case with CBD patches. They are non-invasive way to consume CBD with no side effects.
• Increased Bioavailability: Unlike ingesting edibles, dabbing, vaping, and smoking where some of the CBD dose gets lost in the metabolism process, the use of CBD patches allows you to benefit from the full concentration of the CBD.
• Long-lasting Relief: As compared to vaporizing or smoking cannabis, CBD patches provide a longer-lasting relief thanks to the slow release of steady amounts of CBD.
• Fast and Discreet Application: You can use the patches for quick pain relief for different parts of your body, including the ones that are out of sight. Furthermore, you can bring the patches anywhere without raising any suspicion.
In conclusion, CBD patches are an innovative way of efficiently and conveniently take advantage of the various CBD therapeutic properties. They are ideal for anyone who dislikes the idea of ingesting pills or smoking cannabis for pain relief.